Lots of stuff going on recently:
• Read this article from Tennessee on Cincinnati band Over the Rhine, in which the group discusses the death of a father and moving forward.
• The Taste of Cincinnati Festival takes place this weekend. It's a great time. Head on over to Each Note Secure for a full article on the events.
• Esquire hits on best bars
Esquire Magazine recently did a round up on the best bars in America. Check out the full listing HERE.
Ohio got attention for Andyman's Treehouse an Surly Girl Saloon.
The California Clipper got the nod in Illinois.
The Red Key is tops in Indiana.
Iowa was noted for its Royal Mile and the Red Monk bars.
The Old Seelbach Bar stood out in Kentucky
Miller's Bar and The Bar at Seldom Blues won out in Michigan.
The Bulldog NE won in Minnesota.
Pennsylvania's Friendly Lounge was a focus.
The Silver Dollar Tavern was touched upon in Wisconsin.
• Indiana's Midwest Music Summit back on?
Just saw this article promoting the 2008 Midwest Music Summit, HERE
• Detroit's Electronic Music Festival kicks off
Read all about that HERE
• Mike Breen does a nice review of Cincinnati music/violin sensation Peter Adams and his new CD "I woke with planets in my face." Read the whole review: HERE
• Oh yeah, you got this Shitgaze article in the recent Spin too, which I took from the Donewaiting.com boards. If you click on the photo it gets big enough to read: