Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Morphing articles

I swear this isn't a cheesy attempt to get people to keep reading. But I wanted to point out that I often go back to old articles and do re-writes. I add more information, sometimes add interviews, sometimes correct spelling and sometimes just fix stuff I screwed up. That's why I love doing music journalism on the Internet. I can make an article as long as I want, as random as I want, and keep making everything better. Especially look for the "(Insert City) Sound?" articles. When preparing for those I put out a lot of emails to different musicians from cities all over the Midwest. As soon as I hear from one, I begin writing the article. As more respond, I will update and fine tune what that city is all about and maybe it will be of use to someone.

No comments: