Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What do you recommend?



Detroit experimental artist Mammal gives us some of his favorite bands:
There are a handful of really great bands in the Midwest:
Cadaver In Drag (Kentucky)
Warmer Milks (Kentucky)
Viki (Detroit)
UVU (no web presence)
Some bands I appreciate:
Meat Puppets - Every time I hear 'II' or 'Up on the Sun', they still sound pretty damn fresh and exciting. Been listening to them a lot lately...
Growing - 2 strangers in a strange land who've (perhaps unknowingly) given me the push to keep going a few times. They've also written one of my favorite albums of all time.
Viki - Under-appreciated genius and a real inspiration. She's fixed my guitar and synthesizer in the past allowing me to keep it alive. The best and most talented of the current electronic crop. Someday she'll get her due.

There's a lot more, but ultimately I really appreciate bands that write songs, and record albums that will stand the test of time.

No comments: