Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Spotlight: Coltrane Motion


Every now and then I take a look back through my email inbox and realize I'm a complete idiot. Sometimes I read emails and it doesn't register. Months later I see them again - for the first time.
I realized I planned to do an article on the Chicago-via-Cincinnati's Coltrane Motion.
So let's do it now!
I'm a day late and a dollar short, but the band released its newest CD "Songs About Music" in May to some rave reviews. The group is an electronic indie rock band that toured this summer on the heels of the release.
I specifically wanted to talk to the group because they came from Ohio and hit the Chicago music scene. I'm curious how a band goes from playing Northside Tavern and trying to find its own Northside Tavern in a new city. I think they succeeded.
Some of their best advice for getting to know the city by the lake:
"Honestly, the best way to keep on top of things is to go to Empty Bottle site and check out who they've got playing - those guys have pretty fantastic tastes and keep way on top of the local scene," multi-instrumentalist Michael Bond said.
Get to know them:
Coltrane Motion
Their Myspace
Their label, Datawaslost

No comments: