Saturday, January 12, 2008

Midwest alerts

I'm continued to be fascinated with these Midwest Music google alerts. I've also been discovering all of these other Midwest music sites. The only problem is that they don't really focus on their own towns, in favor of doing reviews of national bands. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm trying to learn about the Midwest Music scene, not Radiohead.
Here are a few I found recently:
- Life in the Great Midwest
- Remember the Midwest
- Range Life Music

• Most hilarious thing I found yet, was this article explaining how the Midwest has the most binge drinkers.

• Did you know that the 12th Annual Elvis Impersonators Competition took place in Central Illinois this month? Well, it did.

• This actor/musician moved from LA to Columbus, Indiana. Aren't we lucky?

1 comment:

czf said...

hey. you linked to my blog, rememberthemidwest (environment, not music). that's cool.

check out small cities for a good up and coming midwest (st. paul) band. that's my plug.

http://www.myspace.com/thesmallcities