• Cincinnati's Bad Veins announced they have signed with RCRD LBL, home to such up and coming indie heavy weights such as Art Brut, Battles, Bloc Party, Cold War Kids, Grizzly Bear, Kid Sister, Maximo Park, Spank Rock, The Stills, and The Willowz. It's sort of a site that releases music for free, in what appears to be a song by song basis. Check it out for yourself.
• Secretly Canadian artist Richard Swift has a new LP coming, courtesy of a Pitchfork Media article.
• Columbus folky artist Megan Palmer is the guest on Pat Radio this week. She plays 5 songs from her upcoming release, Take You Away, live on acoustic guitar. Songs from Luther Wright, Church of the Red Museum, Joe Kile, and Miss Molly are also in the mix.
• WOXY"s Local Lixx also has a new episode featuring PWAH favorite City Beat music critic Mike Breen. Check out the full story at Each Note Secure.
I also missed pointing at that Local Lix did episode #6 made up of past Lounge Act performances by regional bands. You can find that and more at this link here.
• Speaking of WOXY, the station has been nominated for a Plug Award. Check out the full story here.