• The folks at Buddha Den site have been more diligent than I have about posting info on upcoming festivals that bands can apply to. Specifically, information about NXNE and the Forecastle Festival. Check that out.
• Cincinnati band Wussy has been making more waves nationally as it's new CD hits radios and music publications. Rave reviews in Rolling Stone, CMJ, etc. They have also announced the band will hit the 2008 SXSW.
• Columbus band The Black Swans did a session with Daytrotter the other day. Check that out.
• Be sure to keep looking into Pat Radio. The internet show has recently featured Columbus musicians Megan Palmer, Terribly Empty Pockets and more...
• Donewaiting.com has become a nice link into breaking news about SXSW over the years. Be sure to keep looking over there for announcements about bands being accepted.
• Speaking of Wussy and SXSW, I just noticed that Michigan band Frontier Ruckus will apparently be hitting SXSW this year as well. The band is pretty great. I'd heard of them before, but never actually listened to their music.
Browsing through their Myspace tunes, I would describe them as a more Americana version of Neutral Milk Hotel. The lyrical-heavy focus is the biggest reason for that, with each line drafting through a dream-like visual landscape. Pretty interesting.
Also, they appear to be doing a tour with PWAH favorites Southeast Engine.