Thursday, September 27, 2007

Midpoint Picks (Thursday-Saturday)

So I figured I would post my picks so far for Midpoint this week, since I already did it on the WOXY message board. Lots of chances to see some PWAH favorites I've written about before:

Thursday:
11 p.m. @ The Ink Tank - The Receiver: Part Beatles, part experimental mind music. Two brothers: Programmed keyboards, drums, bass.

Friday:
12 a.m. @ Speakeasy - Southeast Engine: Great songwriters in the mode of Wilco or The Band, on Misra.
12:15 a.m. @ Cue - Earwig: Great frontman and catchy pop rock tunes.
1:15 a.m. @ Cue - Cari Clara: I'm looking forward to this show to hear their new tunes. Just really great and melodic indie rock, with superb vocals.
11:15 p.m. 11:15 p.m. @ Jardine - Coltrane Motion: Homeboys are back in town from Chicago and will get the crowd going.
12:15 a.m. @ Toxic Stage - The Lions Rampant: Deep down blues indie rock, with people in lion suits. Get up and move.

Saturday:
11:15 p.m. @ Cue - Turnbull ACs: Back for another year, the band offers it's well-written indie rock about death and life.
12 a.m. @ Speakeasy - The Seedy Seeds: The darlings of the Cincy music scene offer their folk indie pop.
10 p.m. @ Speakeasy - Paper Airplane: I've heard this band described as an entire Wes Anderson movie soundtrack condensed into one band. Interesting? Check them out.

No comments: